how to get your mojo back
Sometimes do you feel like you’ve lost that sparkle? Are you low in energy? Not feeling as sexy or confident as you used to feel? Or just feeling a bit down and out?
When in a relationship, it’s easy to get ‘comfortable’ or even complacent with your mind, body and soul. You might put on a bit of weight, decline social outings with friends, pass on the sex, take less care of your body and opt for a pizza and movie Friday night. You might find you don’t put yourself number one as much anymore, and there’s more focus on making him or her (or we) happy rather than yourself.
Even if you’re single, you can go through some mojo lulls.You might not be feeling the love within your career, you might feel like you’re stuck in a rut, or you’re bored of where you live and your day-to-day life, job, friends…everything! Nothing excites you or makes you feel like jumping out of bed in the morning. The mundane is slowly eating your soul.
It’s when the mojo droughts last for weeks or months at a time, where you need to pull in the reigns and make a change!
If you’re single, the good news is that it will be easier for you to get that mojo back! Why? Because you don’t need to worry about anyone else, what they think of you, whether or not you’re spending enough time with them or hurting their feelings because you’re doing more things YOU want to do. So you have a head start here…
Loved up? You will need to put yourself first for a while, but you need to do so in a way that won’t abandon or upset your partner. A good idea is to even involve them on your mission to get your mojo back, because chances are they have lost their mojo too! You shouldn’t need to break up with your partner to get your mojo back, but sometimes when women or men find themselves getting back to their core and embracing things they love and enjoy, they may discover that there is little in common anymore or you they’re not on the same page, chapter or even book as their partner! Lets face it, things can become stagnant and boring in relationships, so either communicate and make some changes or part ways.Don’t waste any more time.
Here are my tips to getting that juicy, sexy, vibey, bubbly MOJO back:
1. Move your body! Exercise is energising and essential to a healthy life! It elevates your mood, produces natural endorphins and gets wastes and toxins moving out of your body. You can do the same exercise you love OR you can try something new like Yoga, Paddle Boarding, Cross-fit, Zumba, Salsa, skipping, dancing, marathons, spin class, Bikram, martial arts, rock climbing or Tough Mudda. Do it by yourself and meet new people, take along your friends, or bring your partner – just get your body moving and you will start to see the weight fall off and new found confidence blossom. Aim for at least 45 mins of sweating a day. Tony Robbins bangs on about changing your physiology to change your life, and it’s a proven success…so get that booty moving.
2. Try one new thing a month. And stick to it. Get onto Scoopon or Cudo and try something new and random every month, either by yourself, with friends or your partner. Think banana boat riding, bungee jumping, sky diving, join a book club, bush walking, visit a new town/city/beach/place etc. One way to escape the mundane is to get out of your comfort zone and venture into the unknown!
3. Reconnect with your mates. Guy or girl, it’s important not to neglect your friends while you’re in a relationship. It’s a Relationships101 rule of thumb, but so many people screw this one up. It’s OK to do so in the honeymoon phase, but longer term remember who is going to be there if things don’t work out with your partner. Plus it keeps you sane, so commit to going out with the your friends for dinner or drinks at least once a month! Ideally once a week.
4. Have more ORGASMS. Notice, I didn’t say SEX. Just because one has sex, doesn’t mean they always orgasm, and doesn’t always mean they have a freaken awesome time. One can have an orgasm from another person or themselves from numerous different exciting and enticing ways! Try and aim for a daily orgasm…experiment with your partner! Single? Don’t scrunch your face up at masturbation. It’s a natural, normal thing and a great modality in releasing and channeling any sexual energy or tension (rather than going and sleeping with someone you don’t 100% connect with). Go with your bestie and buy a ridiculous pink rabbit vibrator or whatever tickles your fancy. Pun intended.
5. Create YOU time. Go to the shop and buy a diary planner. Get a pen and mark in ME TIME once a day. Schedule it in, colour code it, whatever you do to feel organised. The busier I become I find I need to schedule more time for me. Being a Yoga Teacher and Coach it seriously blurs the lines between work and life. My work is my life and my life is my work. I am my product and my service. My body is my vehicle, my modality, my work. It’s easier for people who work ‘normal people jobs’ and ‘normal people hours’ to switch off when they get home, so if you are in that boat make sure you are doing something for at least 30 minutes a day after work or before where you are solo and doing something you love. Bubble bath? Reading? Meditating? Writing? You get my gist.
6. Make a change. Chances are if you have lost your mojo you are are probably bored with some area of your life, whether it be work, home or love life. The best way to get that mojo back is to change something because it will excite you and change your state. Sit down, make a plan and commit to changing something. It will get you looking forward to something, working towards something and give you that oomph to jump out of bed in the mornings! Book a holiday, apply on some new jobs, take up a new hobby, ask that hot guy out…
Even a stud muffin like Austin Powers can lose his mojo!! But you can get it back, and you don’t have to take on Dr Evil either! It’s not just about a embodying a positive mental state of mind – it’s about taking action and doing something about it.
How would you get your MOJO back??