Being anxious, stressed or highly strung isn’t our natural state.
I repeat, is NOT our most natural way of being.
Being relaxed, free, sensuous and in-the-flow, on the other hand, is absolutely our natural way of being – in fact it’s our birthright! We just have to have the lady-balls to claim it, know we’re worthy of it and choose to live it in any given moment. Yes – we hold this power sister!
However, so many of us have adapted and conformed to anxiety being our most natural state of being and we have willingly accepted this as truth, usually coupled with popping a pill a doctor has prescribed – a more “socially acceptable” way of smoking a joint to chill the fuck out.
Alas, it doesn’t have to be this way!
I hear so many people say to me: “I’m just an anxious person“.
No you’re not. You were not born anxious. You have just adapted this way of being as a protection mechanism to dealing with fear.
Usually if you just face the fear, the anxiety will go away.
Whether it’s moving house, making that speech, changing jobs, jumping out of the plane, saying how you truly feel, standing up for yourself, breaking up with your partner who you’re not in love with etc…
The anxiety will dissipate.
“Anxiety is just another way of saying: I’M NOT HAPPY.”
So what are you not happy about?
Chunk it down.
Is your work? Relationship? Home? Body? Sex life? Environment?
Essentially it’s always YOU and YOUR RELATIONSHIP to X, Y, Z, so be sure not to go pointing the finger (besides there is always three fingers facing back when you do).
Most of the time, X, Y, Z is absolutely in your control to change either physically or mentally. Everything comes down to perception.
“Anxiety is mostly mental. Our thoughts create our emotions, which create our reality. Thus, if we are able to get to the core of our thoughts, we are able to change our life and rid ourselves of anxiety.” #truthbomb
True, we can’t mental our way out of a physical threat (being chased by a lion, tiger or bear), however, when it comes to our thoughts we can change the way we perceive something to be – and let’s face it, most anxiety is all in our heads.
If you’re shaking your head now and disagreeing with me, saying that anxiety is also physical in that it’s caused by a chemical imbalance in the body, yes I agree with you. However, if we can rid ourselves of cancer with our pure thought and intention (there are thousands of case studies), we can most certainly change the chemical imbalances in our body responsible for creating anxiety!
You see, the more anxious we are, the higher the levels of cortisol and adrenaline in our body – stress hormones which flood our body when we feel an emergency or threat – and most of us are full to the brim on these yucky, unhealthy hormones, meaning we could snap at any moment. Over time, without proper intervention, coaching or healing work, our threshold gets higher and higher and higher! I can attest to this up until recently, when I started seeing an incredible SE practitioner.
Usually, however, it’s not a life-threatening emergency (we are not being chased by a lion, tiger or bear, unless you are then fucking run!), we’re just worried about something and it’s our MIND that’s creating the disastrous outcome that we’re so anxious of experiencing.
So how do we get out of our mind?
We get into our body!
And how do we get in our body?
We become SENSUAL!
“A body in pleasure, is a body free of dis-ease.”
When we feel gratitude, it’s impossible to feel angry.
Similarly when we’re in immense pleasure, it’s impossible to feel anxious.
When you’re in the midst of climax, pleasure, peaking, quivering, moaning, groaning, ejaculation or orgasm – you’re not thinking about what you’re worried or anxious about. If you are, you wouldn’t be present with the pleasure, and thus most likely NOT orgasming.
Sensual pleasure is a sure-fire way to reduce, relinquish and cure anxiety.
It is an instant way to get OUT of your head and INTO your body.
And my partner helped me experience this firsthand recently when I was feeling anxious about something. He noticed my distress and to get be out of my head and into my body, he (willingly) escorted me to the bedchambers and virtually guided me through an intimate interaction of kissing, touching, caressing, and sensual pleasure. The pleasure, attention and focus was all on ME and there was no reciprocating the favour. When a woman feels the expectation to extend the favour back to her partner, often she can’t fully relax, let go and surrender (not always, but sometimes).
Sure, we can dance, practice yoga, meditate, run, walk, sing, paint, chant or shake/move our bodies, however an even more effective way of getting into our bodies is to bring our awareness to our sexual and sensual nature.
“Besides, we are sensual beings – we can feel, smell, taste, see and hear – and I believe our entire body is “orgasmically sensual” in nature.”
I can orgasm in many, many different ways without any vaginal/nipple stimulation. For example:
- Listening to someone’s voice over the phone or in person.
- Watching and admiring someone move their body in a certain way (dance, healing etc).
- In dream-state during my sleep.
- Throat orgasms when I am eating something ridiculously delicious.
- Heart orgasms when I am in the bath/shower.
- Full body massage / back tickles / head massage.
- During deep meditation when I feel completely still, in my body and I can feel my Kundalini moving.
This proves that our entire body is orgasmic, not just our sex organs (even though our clitoris exists for one sole purpose – pleasure).
“It’s not just during love-making, oral sex or sexual play-time that we are able to feel sensual pleasure. We can feel it ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. We are sensual beings!”
So if you want to feel less anxious and more relaxed, can you be sensual right now? Can you be present in your body? Is this within your grasp?
Absolutely it is!
You have a physical body, thus you are a sensual being.
You don’t have to look like Dita Von Teese to be sensual. We all have an inner burlesque super-heroine just waiting to be channeled in physical form.
All you have to do is presence yourself to the sensations.
Here is some homework for you to try alone or with a partner:
- When being intimate with your partner ask him/her to prompt you to vocally express how you feel in that moment, physically – the sensations etc. For example: “I feel x when you do y”. This will help you get out of your head and is a real turn on!
- Eat a strawberry and relish in the texture, taste and sensuality of the experience.
- Wear something that feels good on your skin and don’t wear a bra!
- Buy expensive, high thread count sheets and sleep naked every now and again.
- Wear your damn yoni egg!
- Self pleasure for the sake of sensation and presence, rather than goal-oriented purposes. Highly recommend the Rose Quartz Pleasure Wand…
- Have a shower and feel every water droplet on your skin, the temperature, the steam, the scent of your soap, the touch of your skin.
- Walk with your shoes off and feel the sand/dirt/grass underfoot. Allow the earth energy to penetrate your soles of the feet and rise up into your whole body.
- Swim in the sea and let the water envelope you, wash over you, encompass you, cleanse you, purify you. Regular swims are a must.
- Be a lady and have a day-spa day with some of your girlfriends. Treat yo-self!!
- Get your nails did.
- Invest in some lacy underwear.
- Bring your awareness to the word SENSUAL. Walk it. Talk it. Feel it. Breathe it. Show it. Smile like it. Look like it. Be it.
- Surround yourself with sensuality. Transform your bedroom or abode into a plush palace so simply thinking about it or stepping foot into the room makes you feel sensual.
- When you touch your body, caress yourself, experience it fully. Buy some breast massage oil and sensually massage your breasts when you get out of the shower. Connect to your heart space and revere your bosoms as they are an extension of our heart.
Embodying more of my sensual Goddess has personally helped me reduce my anxiety levels. When I feel sensuous I feel soft, in-the-flow, relaxed, feminine and yummy.
And that’s the frequency I want to vibrate at, more and more.
Life is too short to feel stressed and anxious.
Love Rosie x
P.S. Comment below or share if you resonate! And join a Nude Yoga class coming to YOU in June/July 2016!