You may be familiar with silicone, glass, or crystal dildos, but did you know dildos can also be made from metal? Okay, it may sound cold, heavy, and a bit intimidating at first, but hear me out. These same characteristics are exactly what makes metal sex toys such a blast to use!
Here, we’ll look at the best reasons to consider trying a metal dildo, how to care for a metal dildo, and how to choose the right metal sex toy.
5 Benefits of Metal Sex Toys
If you are wondering if a metal dildo might be a good addition to your sex toy collection, here are some of the top reasons they are downright awesome.
1. Metal Sex Toys Are Great For Temperature Play
Experimenting with hot or cold temperatures during sex or masturbation can lead to unique, mind-blowing pleasure sensations. Metal sex toys are perfect for this type of play due to their ability to retain both cold and hot temperatures.
A metal dildo can be cooled down in the fridge for an hour or warmed up in a bowl of hot water before sex. The key is always checking the temperature on the inside of your wrist before ever using it elsewhere, inside or outside, on your body.
As a bonus, a metal dildo that has been heated up can work wonders on menstrual cramps when used internally. It can also help relax the pelvic floor muscles and increase blood flow to the area, leading to increased arousal.
2. Silver Dildos Can Refresh Your Sex Life
Are you looking to re-ignite your sex life? Although metal sex toys can take some effort and time to figure out, that is part of the fun. And trust me, it is worth the time and practice to learn how to use it!
Learning how to use a silver dildo and figuring out which motions you prefer and how much to pressure to apply is a great way to re-connect with yourself and refresh your sex life. A silver dildo is perfect for both solo or partner use.
Here are some tips for using a metal dildo for the first time:
- Be patient and take your time
- Show yourself grace
- Have fun!
- Allow your body plenty of time to get adjusted to this new type of stimulation
- Don’t rush right into internal stimulation
- Use it on other pleasure zones such as the inner thighs, breasts, and the lower abdomen
- When using internally, use plenty of lube
3. Metal Dildos Are Perfect For Vaginial Stimulation
With its firmness and temperature responsiveness, a silver dildo can be mind-blowing when used vaginally to add extra pressure and sensation to nerve endings.
Silver dildos are also ideal for G-spot play. The G-spot, or Goddess zone as I like to call it, is an area located on the frontal wall of the vagina, about two inches in. When aroused, this patch feels a bit rough, similar to how the roof of the mouth feels and can be stimulated using a “come hither” with your fingers.
Metal dildos, especially those with specific curvature and bulbous ends, are ideal for stimulating the G-spot with little effort. While it can be difficult to maintain just the right pressure with fingers in this area, a metal sex toy can easily and consistently apply the desired pressure.
Using consistent, firm pressure on this area is a great way to feel the out-of-this-world pleasure that can lead to orgasm or squirting.
4. Metal Dildos Are Ideal For Anal Stimulation
Many metal sex toys can be used anally as well, as long as the base is flared or has a significant curve to keep a portion of it external.
The anal opening is packed with nerve-endings and the wall between vagina and anus is thin, making it possible for some women to experience g-spot orgasms through anal penetration.
If you are struggling to locate your g-spot vaginally, experimenting with anal play can be another wonderful option for exploring g-spot pleasure. And a metal sex toy can be the perfect tool for the job!
5. Metal Sex Toys Are Sustainable, Environmentally-Friendly, Low-Maintenance, and Body-Safe
Looking for a sex toy that doesn’t need to be replaced often or meticulously cleaned? The silver dildo is your new best friend!
Made from a non-porous material, there are no tiny pores for bacteria to accumulate in, making metal dildos super easy to care for. Silver also boasts natural antibacterial properties that make it even easier to keep clean.
Sex toy cleaner or mild soap and water is all it takes to keep your silver dildo clean and safe to use. It can also be boiled for one minute after use for easy sanitation.
Metal sex toys are compatible with any lubricant type, making them an ideal choice regardless of the lube you prefer to use.
Since they are made from high-quality materials, metal sex toys are constructed to last a lifetime, making them a great choice if you are concerned about minimising your impact on the environment.
What Are The Benefits of Silver Sex Toys?
When it comes to metal sex toys, choosing a silver dildo has added benefits such as:
- Natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties
- Feminine energy related to the moon can be purifying, soothing, and calming
- Potential to be energetically and physically healing
How Do I Choose The Best Silver Sex Toy?
If you are looking for the perfect silver sex toy, you may want to consider one that is:
- Ergonomically shaped for maximum pleasure potential
- High-quality and built to last a lifetime
- Anal and vaginal safe
- Compatible with all lubricant types (water-based, hybrid, oil)
- Requires only warm soapy water or a sex toy cleaner to keep it clean
How To Care For A Silver Dildo
Maintaining a silver dildo is as simple as washing it with warm soapy water and using a soft cotton cloth to dry it after every use. To ensure your silver dildo lasts a lifetime, follow these additional tips:
- Do not drop or knock the dildo on hard surfaces
- Store it clean, dry, and wrapped in its original pouch, on a stable display surface, or in a soft cloth
- Do not allow it to come in contact with other metal
- Do not allow salts or oils to remain on the surface as these may lead to tarnishing
- Rub with a polishing cloth on occasion to restore or maintain its bright, reflective finish
Want To Learn More About Metal Sex Toys?
If you are intrigued by trying a silver sex toy, please let me know if you have any questions. Or, I’d encourage you to subscribe to my Youtube channel or join my private, women’s-only Facebook group where you can see what other women think of stainless steel sex toys, ask any of your most intimate questions, and connect with other women in a safe, sacred space.