What are Yoni Eggs?
Yoni, in the Indian Sanskrit language, means “Sacred Temple” and refers to a woman’s vagina.
A yoni egg is an egg-shaped stone or crystal used to insert inside the yoni to strengthen and tone the entire pelvic region – the pelvic floor muscles, the lower abdomen, the urogenital diaphragms and even the lower back.
It works as a weight resistance tool to use whilst doing your “Kegel exercises”, which are pelvic floor pulses or contractions all women should do, especially after childbirth. There is plenty of research now to suggest that it’s best to use a weight for doing your Kegels, rather than squeezing the walls of the vagina together with no weight resistance at all.
What are Crystal Pleasure Wands?
The Pleasure Wand is designed to internally sensually massage your yoni simply by inserting inside the vagina, just like you would a regular vibrator or dildo — gently pulling the wand in and out to your speed, tempo and pleasure. With it’s glassy and sleek texture, the sensation inside is smooth and silky – similar to the texture of glass, however charged full of high vibration crystal!
The wand warms up to your own body temperature during pleasuring. You can also wash the wand in hot or cold water beforehand so that when you insert the warm wand it heightens sensations and pleasure tremendously! The Pleasure Wand is a tool for women to use on themselves during masturbation/self-pleasuring or self-loving meditation (on the body or inside the yoni). It can also be used by your partner while he/she orally stimulates the clitoris, creating a similar experience to manual stimulation (fingering).
You may also like to use the wands for overall body massage, sleeping under your pillow or to have on your alter as a dedication to the Shiva Lingham.
What are the benefits of using Yoni Eggs?
Women have noticed a difference immediately after using a Yoni Egg. A mother who had five children noticed her pelvic floor lift just after 3 days (and so did her husband!). A woman in her 50s with prolapse noticed she became more toned after just a month of using the egg. A woman in her 20s discovered vaginal orgasms after using the egg consistently for a week! Here are some more benefits:
- Increases connection with the Yoni
- Increases sensation and revitalises nerve-endings in the vagina
- Improves overall life-force energy or “chi” in the body
- Boosts sexual energy levels and awakens the libido
- Helps train the vagina for childbirth and recover the muscles post-childbirth
- Increases wetness and lubrication
- Helps to prevent prolapse whereby the pelvic organs collapse into the vagina due to atrophy and non-use.
- Relieves incontinence (weak bladder/accidentally peeing)
- Balances hormones by increasing blood flow to the area, which contribute to youthfulness
- Heightens orgasmic potential and able to access a variety of orgasms
- Helps to stay grounded in body and brings awareness to the yoni, womb and entire pelvic band
- Improves overall health, happiness and wellness – physically and spiritually – as the yoni egg focuses on the place in the body with the most Chi (life force energy).
What are the benefits of using Pleasure Wands?
Women who self pleasure with a crystal pleasure wand will begin to experience more health, sensation and sensitivity in their yoni. The wand doesn’t “vibrate” like a typical sex toy. It does, however hold a special vibration which replenishes your intimate area with new energy, removing old, stale or stagnant energy.
Unlike most sex toys it wont desensitise the area with harsh, vigorous vibrations on your most sensitive, intimate areas. It’s a much smoother, gentler and conscious experience – albeit an item made out of something as hard and dense as crystal.
Using the pleasure wand will rejuvenate the area physically, sexually and spiritually.
What is the history of the Yoni Egg?
Over 5000 years ago, the Ancient Chinese civilisation regarded the sexual organs as the centre of one’s health. If this area of your body was active and healthy, your entire body was active and healthy.
The Chinese considered the Yoni to be the place from which one can channel their ‘chi’ (life force energy) to their higher Chakras (energy centres in the body) in the aim of enlightenment. The process was thought to transmute their sexual energy into higher spiritual energy thus allowing them to get closer to God and feel happier, healthier and full of vitality.
The Jade Egg practice is an ancient Taoist practice and dates back to Imperial China when it was kept a secret by the Empress in the Royal Palace. The Queen and her concubines practiced using the Jade Egg to strengthen the power of their vaginas not only to impress the King sexually, but also to heighten their spirituality and transform & transmute their Chi. This brought them more peace, health, youth and essentially helped them live for longer.
The Jade Egg practice was only taught to the most privileged women of the royal courts. So how lucky are we to have access to such ancient techniques and be able to do anytime, anywhere!?
Why do I need a yoni egg? Can’t I just do kegels?
Just like you lift weights at the gym to build your bicep muscles — similarly it’s recommended to use a weight inside the yoni if you’re wanting to strengthen this area. The vagina is a series of muscles, ligaments, organs and nerve endings which need to be used or we loose them.
To build up the strength and sensations in the yoni, it’s important to use a weight for resistance. However, just as you can over-do it at the gym – you can also over-train your yoni, so it’s important not to use it all day every day.
What stone do I use?
The type of crystal you use is completely up to your personal choice. I suggest to be intuitively lead and let the crystal choose you.
Most highly trained facilitators and practitioners suggest using the Nephrite Jade Egg, as this is the highest quality on the market and is the traditional stone used by the women of Imperial China. Nephrite has a life time guarantee (if you drop it, real Nephrite shouldn’t break!).
Jade has a very high vibration for healing and balancing and was coined “Semen of the Dragon” in China because of its incredibly powerful properties. Nephrite Jade is dense, non-porous, smooth and hard and strong (it’s actually harder than steel!).
If you’re called to another crystal, for example Rose Quartz, read about the qualities of that crystal (i.e. love, compassion) and it might explain why you are drawn to is.
There is no “right or wrong”, only what feels good for you.
If you are torn between which crystal egg to purchase, I sell a set of three with your choice of egg size and crystal, so you can mix and match. This set automatically comes with a medium jade, small obsidian and large rose quartz in a black silk lined box & velvet pouch.
Drilled or non-drilled?
If you’re a beginner we suggest you start with a medium, drilled yoni egg as this will typically fit most women. A drilled yoni egg is easy to remove as you can tie through dental floss (un-waxed/un-minted – we suggest this one).
If you have experienced childbirth, we suggest you starting with the large sized egg and then gradually making your way down to a medium. A drilled egg is ideal for easy removal (using floss).
A non-drilled egg, however, is cleaner as you don’t have to clean through the drilled hole. A non-drilled egg simply means you have to ‘birth’ the egg naturally, which is simple.
What size do I use?
Yoni eggs come in a variety of sizes.
For beginners to the practice, I suggest starting with a medium sized egg. If you have experienced childbirth, then it might be worthwhile purchasing a set of three – that way you can start with the largest egg (easiest to hold in) and work your way down to the smallest egg (harder to hold in). It gives you the options and variety to explore the sensations of all sizes, as they have very different effects.
When I first started using yoni eggs, I begun with the largest egg and would sometimes get very sore around my lower abdomen and UTI symptoms. This demonstrated that I was using an egg too big for my yoni. Now I use a medium egg and it feels much less intrusive and much more comfortable to work with.
Help, I can’t feel my egg!
Firstly, don’t worry! It’s completely normal to not feel anything at all in the beginning. It takes a while for the yoni to feel less numb and more alive, and just like when a tampon is inside you, you can’t always feel it.
Secondly, don’t give up! Try to use the egg at least every day (even for a few minutes) and gradually sensation will increase. Continue the practice daily or every second day and witness positions, movements or exercises in which you feel more sensation (yoga is a great time to wear your egg).
If you still don’t feel anything after a month of regular practice, then opt for a larger egg.
How do I care for my Yoni Egg?
There are four things to remember when caring for your egg:
1. When you receive your egg, I suggest washing it in warm water with organic, chemical free soap, vinegar or essential oil (something like lavender or tea tree). This will wash away any bacteria and sterilise the egg or wand. Be sure not to put the crystal under direct boiling hot water as this may force it to crack. Warm soapy water is fine to use in between uses.
2. Regularly energetically cleanse your egg or wand. Crystals absorb energy, so it’s important to neutralise the crystal by doing one or more of the following techniques:
- Leave over night under a full moon (even if it’s cloudy).
- Rinse or soak in salty water (ideally the ocean).
- Leave in salt crystals over night.
- Smudge with your sage stick.
- Leave in the sunshine (not too long or it might fade).
- Wrap in cotton and bury in the earth.
3. To maximise your use out of the crystal, set your intention into the stone each time before using it. Crystals are natural entities from the earth and can be programmed with a heart felt intention. Simply close your eyes, place your crystal in your hands or against your heart, and feel into an authentic intention that rises up for you. Then detach from that intention.
4. Keep in a safe place on your alter or in your bedroom. Ideally don’t keep in the bathroom or anywhere where people can pick it up and touch it. This is your sacred stone, for no one else to touch.
Where do we source our crystals?
Our crystals are sourced from all over the world, depending on where the mining deposits are.
For example, our Black Obsidian is sourced from Mexico, our Rose Quartz from Brazil, our Nephrite Jade from Canada.
Once the crystals are mined from these locations, they are then sent to our exceptional staff in Tianjin, China and shaped into an egg shape or wand shape. Our suppliers do not use any chemicals, BPAs, phthalates, glues or dyes in the process and the crystals are 100% natural and raw from Mother Earth.
Basically there is a lot of “crap” out there on the market, which we discovered when we first started stocking Yoni Eggs in 2014, so it is very important you find a reliable retailer who knows their products, crystals and suppliers well! I have made this my hobby and am very passionate about offering quality products at an affordable price.
We have had the same reliable, trusted supplier for almost 3 years, and they demonstrate and deliver ethically produced products consistently.
Pregnancy / IUD / Menstruating / During Sex
We get asked a lot of questions about when to use /not use the Yoni Egg. There are some occasions to be extra careful when using the egg, for example:
- When you are pregnant. Unless you have used the yoni egg previously, it’s best to err on the side of caution. If you would like to use the egg whilst pregnant, we suggest only using the egg for 15 minutes the day. Many teachers encourage women not to use the egg at all during pregnancy, however from our perspective it can only be a good thing to connect to your vagina and create more flexibility, elasticity and tone internally, especially before preparing for vaginal childbirth. However, you don’t want to be putting a lot of strain on your pelvic floor muscles / womb space (as your energy needs to be focusing on the baby) so minimising the time you use the yoni egg to bare minimum (15 mins).
- If you have an IUD mirena. In our view, it’s OK to use the yoni egg if you have an IUD as they are designed to withstand vigorous sex, tampons, self pleasure with dildos etc. So a small, polished egg shaped stone will likely not dislodge an IUD. To be extra careful, we recommend using a non-drilled egg so the string won’t get caught on the wire.
- If you are menstruating. Your moon-time is a sacred time of shedding and releasing so we recommend not using the egg during your monthly bleed. However if you feel intuitively called to use the egg, please do so for a small amount of time and only a small or medium egg (lighter in weight). During this time of the month there is downward flow of energy, so inserting a stone weight is going against the natural flow of energy, just like doing an inversion in yoga.
- During sexual intercourse. This is a deeply personal, intuitively choice for you. Personally I don’t use my yoni egg during sex as I don’t feel it’s necessary. If you want to explore sex using a yoni egg inside, please use non-drilled to make sure the drilled hole doesn’t scratch internally.